Thursday, January 13, 2011

Harvey

A good friend of mine in NH is directing Harvey for the Community Players of Concord.  

(You know Harvey. Six foot tall invisible rabbit? Yeah. That Harvey.)

A few months ago, he asked me to be his scenic designer.  A sucker for all things Gary Locke, I said yes.  

So, I've been a designing, drafting machine these past few weeks.  Enjoying myself in a way I haven't since college.  It's been fun.  I need to do this more often. I hope to do this more often.  It brings me back to the reason why I originally studied design in college, before I got bit by the stage managing bug.  

Gary has started a blog about the process.  You can find it here.  

The show goes up in May. If you're in the Concord, NH the first weekend of May, go and see it. I know it'll be good.  
Hopefully, I'll have pictures of the finished set to show you.  Otherwise, I can show you the ground plan and construction drawings, which are probably not as exciting to anyone but me. 

No comments: