Sunday, September 13, 2009

My New Dresser

The Boy™ and I recently made some furniture purchases. We got a side table for my chair (which I sorely needed,) a new shoji screen for the bedroom (to separate The Boy™'s office area from the sleeping area) and a new dresser for me.

The dresser I used to have we got for free from a friend who lived upstairs from us in our first apartment in NH. This was almost 10 years ago now. It was about 4 feet tall, contained four drawers and was a piece of crap (but it was free!)

I've needed a new one for a while.

The one we bought is a very well constructed, unfinished pine dresser. The sort of dresser meant for an adult instead of a six year old.

We got some hardware (it came with none) and some Bombay Mahogany stain and stained it last weekend. After a week's drying/airing out time in the apartment, today it was finally time to put all my clothes in it. It's awesome!

Here are pictures of the process.


Unfinished dresser:


Unfinished dresser and unfinished drawer:


Drawers with 1 coat of stain:


Dresser with 1 coat of stain:


Final product in place in the corner of the bedroom:

No comments: