Sunday, November 1, 2009

Domestic Sunday


 Or, My Sunday in Pictures


Every once in a while, you need to have one of those days where you stay at home and just get shit done, know what I mean? Today was one of those days.  The Boy™ went off to the laundromat with three bags of laundry and some books to read while I got down and got dirty.

I cleaned the entire apartment from top to bottom. This included mopping the floors (which I don't think have been mopped since we moved in,) and cleaning behind the toilet. Ew. The bowl of apples from the farm looks much more appetizing on a clean table.




     After cleaning, I made a bit of a mess again and cooked a pot of Butternut Squash and Apple Soup.  It starts here 


and ends in delicious soup.   I cooked and chopped and cooked. Then took a break while the pot was simmering and realized I had to clean some more.   So I did some more dishes, put away clean laundry when The Boy™ got home, and cleaned some more.  Even Betty got a bit of a bath.


 


   While I was busy in the kitchen, I got my snacks ready for the week.


  My nutrition teacher will be happy.

  Now that everything is scrubbed, cooked, chopped, shining and sweet smelling, it's time to take a break and enjoy my hard work.  Let's just hope things stay clean and nice for a little while before I have to do it all over again.



No comments: