Saturday, March 13, 2010

Spring Break

This week was Spring Break in State College. For some of us. The College itself had break. Some of the schools (the private schools) had the week off. The public schools had a few days off, but not the whole week.  We had the week off of classes and lessons, though I still had to go in and woman the desk in case people called or stopped in (which they didn't do.) All in all, it was an uneventful week.

I went to Mom's last weekend with B. We had a nice time.  Hung out with the Fam (Beebe included.) Nice visit with Sister, BIL and Nephew. Saw Alice in Wonderland (which I absolutely LOVED.) Went out to dinner.

Nephew likes going out to eat. Aside from all the attention he gets from the other diners (because, let's face it, he's adorable,) he finds menus to be fascinating.  He helped Grandpa decide what to eat at Chellango's:



Otherwise, the weather this week has been beautiful. Warm enough to melt all the yucky snow we have gotten this winter. 50-60 degrees and sunny. Until today, that is. Today, it is in the 40s and raining. Better rain than snow, though, am I right?

I snuck out of work early on Tuesday and went off to campus to take advantage of the nice weather.

With my favorite shoes on my feet and my bag on my shoulder, I took off downtown to see what I could see.














I stopped first at Uncle Eli's, my favorite store, to buy a postcard for my Tana-Banana.  Uncle Eli's has the best window display (and is the best place in State College to buy art supplies and random gifts to send to friends in Liverpool.)










After that, I met up with The Boy™ and we walked over to the Creamery for the best Frozen Yogurt in the world.


Well, I got frozen yogurt. He got ice cream - keany-beanie, his new favorite.

On the way back to the car, we spotted some strange yellow things.  Could it be a sign of spring?

No comments: