Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Relearning Things

    Today is final dress rehearsal for Spirits Willing.  I am assistant director/stage manager on this show.  Thus far, the rehearsal process has been wonderful.  Working with a great group of people, including two of my best friends.  The script is funny (though could have used a few more edits.)  The process very relaxed.
    Now that we're in to tech week, though, things are starting to get a little hairy.  Not bad, by any stretch of the imagination.  I'm just re-learning some lessons that I learned a long time ago.  I thought people had changed in the five years I'd been away.  Turns out they really haven't.
   I'm not going to get into details.  One of my new goals for myself is to stop gossiping and saying bad things about people.  I'm just going to say here that I have learned sometimes people don't change. Not really.  By all means, give them the change to; give them the benefit of the doubt.

   But don't be surprised when they show you they're the same person deep down inside.

No comments: