Friday, February 15, 2013

The Bleak MidWinter

I don't know if it actually is MidWinter. What's the actual date of MidWinter? Seems like it should be halfway between the Winter Solstice and the Spring Solstice, right?

Anyway, semantics.

It FEELS like midwinter. It certainly is pretty bleak with all the snow around. I'm desperate for spring. Desperate for warm air and sunshine.


Desperate to be back on my skates.

I've been doing a lot of work prepping for the 2013 derby season. NONE of it, thus far, as been track work. The majority of it has been marketing and PR related. How did I get that job, I wonder? 

Some of us are born into marketing, and some of us get marketing thrust into our unwilling hands and have to take the burning pile and run with it or get burned.
I'm doing my best not to get burned.

It's a lot of work. A lot more than I was prepared for. But, so far, so good, I think.  We'll see on May 11th - at our season opener - if I have been at all successful.

I've also had a fair bit of marketing thrust upon me at work as well. The marketing member of the board has stepped down and, for lack of anyone better, they've decided I will assume all of that person's responsibilities.  I'm looking at it as job security. 

This post has gotten away from me. 

I'm looking forward to Spring. That's really the point of all of this.



   



No comments: