Monday, August 10, 2009

Exhausted

Fall registration began today.

Due to some family circumstances for BossWoman, DanceTeacher is teaching her classes instead of working her usual desk hours this week. So I am the only person at the desk.

This is bad because fall registration is our craziest time of year. I got in today at 8am. By 8:15, there were people at the desk and the phone was ringing off the hook. I went to the pool before work today, and brought my breakfast to the office. It was 2pm by the time I got a chance to eat.

This is good because ... frankly, DanceTeacher isn't a great administrative person. I'm a little afraid of how she'd mess up fall registration. As crazy and hectic as it is, it's good that I don't have to clean up her mistakes on top of everything else.

So, it's going to be a crazy week. I'm exhausted already and it's only the first day. I'm hoping it'll only get better from here. I've had to deal with a couple of unhappy parents today. There isn't a whole lot I can do about the things that make them unhappy. Your kids' dance and music lessons are not a matter of life and death.

No comments: