Saturday, August 29, 2009

Life From Here

Things are still pretty busy at work, right now. Not so much from Fall Registration, though that's still going on and keeping us occupied (and a little frustrated.)

The biggest thing is Private School that's moving in. It's a private Christian high school. There are only about 60 students in the whole school (grades 9-12.) They're moving in at work. They'll be occupying the building during the day and we'll be using it at night.

It's good, I guess. Good for the Private school. They are Christian, but do not require their students to be Christian and therefore, don't want to be affiliated with any particular church. Thus far, they've been renting out spaces from churches during the day to have school in. With us, they're not really affiliated with anything (except maybe the arts.)
And it's good for us because it helps us save money on rent. The rent in our building is pretty high (due to the renovations they did to put in the dance studios.) Hopefully, this will mean less money going out for us (and with any luck, raises for those of us who have been busting our asses all summer.)

I'm a little afraid, however, that it's going to mean I'm stuck on evenings again this year. Which will suck. I hate working evenings. I know I should be happy I even have a job, what with the economy being what it is. But evenings just suck. If I'm not in rehearsal or production, I want to be working 9-5 like regular people.

But I suppose I ought to be happy with what I've got.

No comments: