Saturday, August 15, 2009

Weekends Rule!

I am so happy it's finally the weekend! This past week has been crazy.

Fall registration has begun at work. I can't believe how stressed people get about their kids' dance and music lessons. I seriously had parents in tears because the piano lesson time with the teacher they wanted was already taken. Really? Dude, it's a piano lesson. It's not heart surgery. Relax a little!

I'm hoping to have some relaxation and fun this weekend. Although, I seem to have started off on the wrong foot. With the garbage trucks arriving at 7:30am and all. But I'm making up for it by staying in my pajamas as long as possible.

Next week is going to be just as bad. Open registration begins on Monday (for new students and continuing students who didn't pre-register. Last week was just priority registration.) Then, hopefully, things will calm down a little. Only to get crazy again on September 9 when classes start again.

Meanwhile, the Study Diet is going well. I'm sort of learning things at the weekly classes (did you know you can drive a car 22 miles on the calories in 217 Big Macs?) I think I've lost some weight. My clothes are beginning to feel a little looser.
I've been getting up early and going to the pool before work this week. How about that?! Only four out of five days, but it's going well so far. It still kills me when the alarm goes off and I know I can't lay in bed another 20 minutes. But the pool is pretty quiet at 7am and I can get a lane to myself (I'm bad at sharing lanes; I don't swim straight.)

And now, for your entertainment (because I know this was a dry post; I started out with work, so I bet Beebe skipped over it altogether!) here are some pictures of our favorite baby Nephew. These were taken when I was in NY a few weeks ago. Nephew is about 6 weeks old.




First time in the sling and loving it!



Auntie Gina's hippy boy.




Daddy's #1 Draft Pick



He's awake! (And not very happy about it - "Auntie, stop taking my picture!")

No comments: