Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Phoebe Conundrum

As poor Phoebe in Friends discovers, there is no such thing as a selfless good deed.


I call this the Phoebe Conundrum: You do good for someone else, thereby making yourself feel good.  I feel this will play a large part in the Wina Motto for the year (the Year of Community Involvement.) The things we do will help others, but we will get some kind of pleasure or satisfaction from it ourself.

I'm not saying this is a bad thing. Just that it is a thing that exists and I'm acknowledging it.

That said, my first small project for the YoCI is done. (YoCI, what a crappy acronym. I'll find something better.) 
My friend Nicci has a friend who is going through a rough time at present. Her three-year-old daughter is in the hospital undergoing treatment for brain cancer. She has begun chemo and radiation and has begun to lose her hair. Nicci has asked me to knit a hat to keep her little head warm in the hospital. 

So this hat:


and these little slippers:



are going off to little Miya to keep her little head and feet warm while she gets her treatment. 

One request of you, dear Readers. Please keep Miss Miya in your thoughts. The doctors seem hopeful that she will pull through this. 


1 comment:

Grady said...

I will pray for this little girl and her family.

Also, I think this is WONDERFUL. You are such a lovelt person, I hope you know that. Love you. <3