Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Stuff I've Been Working On

I took my awesome new camera to the Barn today, borrowed the dress form from the costume shop and took some pictures of recently finished knitted projects (and one Work in Progress.)

This pattern is called The Three Hour Sweater. I don't know in whose world it takes three hours to knit. Not in mine. It took closer to three days (with nearly non-stop knitting in my free time.)  I made one for Aunt Beebe too. I think they both came out pretty good.

This cardigan is a combination of a couple of patterns. I am very satisfied with the finished product. It was super easy to knit and the yarn is very soft. I call it the Celery Cardi (because of the shade of green.)

This sock is a work in progress (as I'm sure you can tell.) It's a traditional gansey pattern. If I have the patience for it, my intention is to knit it up to the knee in the gansey pattern (that you can see going on the toe there) and then do four or so inches of ribbing up over the thigh.
The yarn is soft and very thick. These are going to make great knee-highs for the winter. It'll probably take me that long to finish them!

No comments: