Sunday, June 20, 2010

Vacation Update

The second stop on our (recently named) New England Vacation Adventure (NEVA) was New Hampshire. We're staying with my friend Wina and her Gardiner Boy™.  We had loads of fun and got to visit nearly all of our friends while we were there.  It nearly required a crowbar, however, to tear me away from Wina when it was time to go. The only way The Boy™ was able to get me in the truck was that we were on our way to see Talented Actress Friend and her Gorgeous Daughter and we were heading up to see his folks afterward. We still have another week before we return to Pennsyltucky!

While we were with Wina, we went to the beach! The day we went, it was cool and overcast, which was fine. It meant we didn't have to fight off tourists! 
 




I miss having a beach where we are in Pennsyltucky. No shores in a landlocked state. 

(The Boy™ checks out the water. Too cold for me!)

(Wina smiles for the camera.)

After stopping at the candy store for chocolates and their famous salt water taffy for the In-Laws, we went over to the lighthouse for a little while.  

(This is about as close a shot as I can get with this camera.)

You can't actually get to the island that the lighthouse is on, as a tourist. There is a boat, and a little lift to get the lighthouse-keeper to the island. I think that would be an awesome job, if you were, say, running from the mob. Or hiding from a crazy ex-wife. Or interesting in pursuing a career as a hermit.  A bit too much solitude for me, however. 

After visiting the lighthouse, we scurried off home for a shower and a change of close before heading off to dinner with Gare-Bear and his Lovely Wife.  I was very happy to see them, since we missed them when we came up for Christmas.

I'm trying not to jinx myself, but am hoping very much to be able to move back here next year.  Let's keep our fingers crossed, eh?











No comments: