Sunday, August 8, 2010

The New Apartment (Finally!)

At long last, here are the shots of my favorite places in our new apartment.  
There are a lot of empty spaces still. Things not unpacked. Furniture not yet bought.  I'm not complaining about the open spaces, though. It is very relaxing.

I don't know why this shot came out so green. This is (as you can see) the bedroom. The light used to hang above my desk in the old apartment, but I really like it above the bed here. Gives the bedroom a little bit of flair.

This is where I spend my small amount of free time. I am sitting in that chair right now as I type this.  The art on the wall is some of the art we bought in Hawaii when we were there for our wedding and my brother's wedding. There are seven pieces total.


This is where I spend the rest of my free time (and some work time as well.) My desk is in the far corner of the bedroom.  Betty and Wilma are up on the shelf with the plant. The window overlooks our tiny bit of front lawn and the parking lot. The tree out front keeps the room in shadow all day, so we haven't felt a rush to put up curtains. That will happen eventually.


Again, not a great picture, but I wanted to show off the eating area. Erinn and Dave have lent us that small table for the year (since it doesn't fit in their new townhouse and would only sit in storage.) It is perfect for our little dining area.  Not much room for company, but we rarely have people over to eat anyway.  I can't even remember when I got that tablecloth (I know I got in when we lived in NH) and I'm happy to have a table that it fits.

So that's it. That's the new place.  It's nice. I'll keep it for the year. 

Don't expect to hear much from me for the rest of the week. Dolly opens on Tuesday, and I have a big project at work to finish by midweek.  Busy, busy.




No comments: