Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Piled Higher & Deeper

I dragged my infected self out to campus last night with The Boy™ to go see Jorge Cham speak. If you have no idea who I am talking about, Jorge Cham is the author of PHD Comics and Lord, is the man funny. The comic is probably funnier if you are or know a grad student.

The lecture last night was essentially about procrastination. Which is, to paraphrase Jorge (and I hope I'm paraphrasing with the correct intent,) what you are doing when you are doing what you want to be doing. Or something like that.

Anyway, go check out the comic. It's funny. Waste time reading the archives if you want. You won't be sorry. Or maybe you will. If you are, don't blame it on me.

In other, totally unrelated news, I went back to the doctor yesterday afternoon. I still have this blasted sinus infection. The antibiotics he put me on last week did absolutely nothing other than give me migraines and a yeast infection. Lucky me. So he switched me to a different antibiotic and something else which, in his words, will cure nothing but will help alleviate the symptoms and give me some energy.
And boy, does it. I feel like I'm on crack or something. My ears still hurt like hell, but I have a ton of energy.
In the two hours since I've been home from work, I have cleaned the kitchen (including sweeping and mopping the floor,) picked up the living room, sorted all the mail that piled up last week while I was sick (including shredding all the junk,) cleaned the bathroom and cleaned the balcony doors. I stood in the office and looked at the filing cabinet and the basket of "Things To Be Filed" that is absolutely overflowing, but ... I just don't have it in me. I think I need The Boy™'s help with that project.

I might knit instead. I'm about half done with the second of the I Dream of Africa Socks (yes, this pair has taken me forever.) I got the heel started last night at the lecture and then went ahead and picked up all the stitches to start onto the foot before realizing that I didn't actually turn the heal. Idiot. So I have to go back and drop all those stitches and find my heel stitches again and .... sigh. It will take some time.

This is, I think, the most comprehensive blog post I've done in quite some time. These meds are nice!

No comments: