Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Uneventful

The Allergist's verdict was very unhelpful.

First they did the skin test on my back. They drew lines on my back with a marker and made about 10 rows of little pin pricks to test for various things I could be allergic to.



Then I waited 20 minutes to react.

The tech came in and looked.

And looked.

And rubbed a little.

And looked.

The pricks for the dust mites reacted a little.

The tree pollen row may have trace reactions.

But.

Hm.

Nothing else seems to be reacting much.

Another tech came in. A tech in training maybe? To sort of see how it was done. "This is sort of an oddball one," the first tech says. Thanks.
She notes down her observations, tells me to get dressed and goes to tell the doctor how I did.

Evidently, I failed the skin test and had to take a retest. This time, on my arms.



She writes the initials of what each test is for then pricks a needle and injects something under each letter.

Wait 20 more minutes.

The tech comes back to look.

Hm.

Nothing much again.

Good news is, I'm not allergic to the cat.

Bad news is, we still don't really know what is causing the ear pain. Could be the dust mite allergy. Maybe.

The allergist gave me yet another antihistamine to try and some pamphlets on how to reduce dust mites.
And will send a report to my GP about sending me to an ENT. Though I may contact my GP first, since I don't think I want to wait that long.

As a reward for my good behavior (and because we were both starving,) The Boy™ and I went to Otto's for an early dinner. We sat outside under an umbrella and had a very nice meal. We need to go there more often.




1 comment:

Jp said...

Lovely purple lines. Did they use one of those fat markers? Seriously, a ballpoint pen would have been sufficient. Sorry you're no closer to an answer, but yay for no allergies!