Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Baby Shower

The Baby Shower went well. Sister and Brother-in-Law are all set for Baby to arrive. They still have two more showers to go, too! Brother-in-Law's mother is throwing them a shower in May and their work is supposed to throw them a shower as well. This kid is going to be set until s/he is a teenager!

I didn't get a chance to take a lot of photos. Cousin Suzie took some pictures (thanks Suzie!) but my camera is persnickety and doesn't focus very well, so a lot of them came out pretty blurry. Here are some of the nicer ones.



Here is Sister sitting on the rocking chair from Grandma (our Grandma, Baby's Great-Grandma.) I don't know why she thinks she's so huge. She doesn't look that big at all.



Not a fantastic picture, but here is all of us: Sister, me, Dad, Mom and Grandma. Dad looks like he's on the verge of saying something. Probably "Are you done taking my picture now?" He hates having his picture taken.




This is a sweet picture of the Mama-to-be and the Grandmas and Great-Grandma. *waits for the chorus of 'awwwws'*




Mmmm .... cake ......



Someone at the shower referred to me as Aunt Gina (which makes me think of my own Aunt Gina -- Uncle Kevin's wife. I'm trying to get Sister to have Baby call me Auntie Gina, but I don't think anyone has paid much attention to that yet.) Aunt Fran asked me if that made me feel old. Honestly? No. Being an Auntie doesn't make me feel old. Want to know what makes me feel old?



These two. Beautiful, aren't they? These are the neighbor girls. In my mind, the older one is about four and the youngest is an infant. And they probably will be their whole lives. I can't quite wrap my brain around the idea that the older one is in college. I don't know how old the younger one is, but I know I'd probably fall over if someone told me. Being an Auntie doesn't make me feel old, Aunt Fran. Emmi and Izzy, do.

No comments: