Thursday, April 23, 2009

Work

In honor of Earth Day yesterday, I finally set up recycling baskets at work. Waste Management had dropped off recycling bins outside by the dumpster about a month ago, but no one in the building had set up designated baskets yet. We'll see how long it takes everyone to realize they're there (despite the signs I've hung up alerting people to it.)
It makes a little more work for me, since I'm the only one who takes the trash out. I'll have to make two trips now - one for trash and one for recycling. Especially once the weather starts to get warmer. Dancers go through a lot of plastic water bottles in the summer. It'll be worth it, though, not to send all those water bottles to the landfill.

I'm also wondering how difficult/expensive it would be to rig up little shelves in the bathrooms, way up on the wall by the ceiling near the door. My idea is to put on the shelf one of those motion sensor scented spray things, so that it is triggered by the movement of the door, but out of reach of the kids. Think it would work?

These are the things I think about when I'm bored at work.

No comments: