Sunday, January 4, 2009

Back to Life, Back to Reality

It is 2:30 on Sunday afternoon. Tomorrow, I will be returning to work after nearly 3 weeks off. Back to the routine. Back to the real world.

I am of two minds about this. Part of me is bored to tears and ready to go back. I feel like a kid at the end of Christmas break. I've played with all my toys. I've built as many snowmen and snow forts I possibly can build. I've thrown as many snowballs at my sister as my parents will tolerate. There is nothing good on TV. I don't want to read anymore. I'm bored. Time to go back to school.

Part of me dreads going back. Back to the difficult parents. Back to the obnoxious children. Back to exhausting hours and too short weekends. I think I'd be alright if I could have regular weekends like regular people. I know that some of you have worse work schedules than I do, and I'm sorry. I oughtn't bitch like this. But bear with me. I hate working Saturdays. Every Saturday. It just sucks.

But, like my mother says, it's time to pull up my big girl panties and deal with it. I do need the money after all. And if I have to stay in this apartment all day for one more day with nothing to do, I might hurt someone.

I'll take a cue from Louie. Do some yoga (Louie picture here doing some turtle yoga.) Take some deep breathes. Relax.

No comments: