Friday, January 9, 2009

A Rant. Apologies.

Oh. My. God. I. Hate. Sallie. Mae.

Does anyone else use this company for a loan?

I don't have a problem with the loan itself. Taking out the loan was fine (it's my student loan,) the payback plan is fine, the interest rate is ... whatever. An interest rate.

But the online bill paying is SUCH a pain in my ass! They ask the confirmation security questions EVERY SINGLE TIME. And there's like FIVE of them! And not simple questions like "What's your mother's maiden name." Questions that don't change every time. They ask stupid questions like "What's your favorite color."

I went onto the site today and had to deal with a brand new bundle of joy. Went through five different screens (panicking for a minute) just to be told that, because they are living in the STONE AGE I cannot be e-mailed information about my account. I have to be snail mailed the information. I thought for a minute (hence the panic) that I couldn't pay the bill online anymore. The only browsers they support are Netscape 4.7, IE ... something (I didn't look because I can't stand IE) and Firefix 1.0. Netscape 4.7??? WTF?? That was like 6 years ago! Get with the times, Sallie Mae!
(The upshot of this is, I suspect, that they don't support Macs. Too bad for me.)

After dealing with the usual log-in bullshit (which is always longer and more complicated than it ought to be,) I was finally able to fork over my monthly $200.

I can't wait until this loan is paid off just so I can stop screwing around with their awful website.

No comments: