Monday, December 15, 2008

I Feel So Violated!

I'm back from the bank. It was easier than I expected, but not great news. I am a victim of credit fraud. Thankfully, the bank caught it before the person(s) actually took any money. They noticed someone trying to take money out of my account using my debit card number from an unusual place out of state. They put a freeze on my card.

When I went to the bank to ask about it, the very nice woman called a number and spoke to another very nice woman on the other line. They asked if I knew anything about said charge. I said no. They said the bank is mailing me a new card. The nice woman at the bank actually took my old card and shredded it right there for me.

So, I think everything is ok. I have no idea where whomever it was could have gotten the number from, but hopefully it's solved now that that number is no longer active. I have no money until the new debit card comes in the mail, but I don't suppose that's a bad thing for the time being. Need to save what little money I have this month anyway.

I feel a little disturbed about the whole thing. Especially since I have no idea where someone could have gotten the number from.

No comments: