Sunday, December 7, 2008

Scroogy or Not?

Is it bad that I'm not planning on decorating at all for Christmas? I just don't feel like it this year. We're going to be at Mom's on Christmas Day, and her house will be decorated. Part of me feels like that is enough.
I guess I'm just having a hard time getting into the holiday spirit this year. Not that I'm feeling like Scroogy McScrooge or anything. I'm just too tired and too busy with other things to be bothered. Maybe once this week is over at work and we're on the "holiday schedule" (whatever that may be,) I'll feel like it. We'll see.

2 comments:

Jp said...

I truly believe you shouldn't let it bother you. Really. If you "feel bad" because you think other people expect it, then shrug it off. This time of year can be stressful enough without putting additional pressure from others' expectations. If it's something you really want to do, to make the season somehow complete, then, like you said, see if things slow down with the holiday schedule and take some time for yourself and do what feels right. It's so easy this time of year to feel like we're supposed to do this or that, but what you're really supposed to do is feel good, try and relax, and enjoy the anticipation of a nice time with your man and your fam.

Jp said...

Oh, and I like the look of the new blog :)