Monday, December 15, 2008

Work in Progress


I started a new hat for myself yesterday. The Ever Lovely Becca made the Greenbriar Hat for Circus, and I absolutely loved it. So, of course, I have to make one for myself.
This is the picture from the pattern's page. Mine will look slightly different when it's finished. It's purple and off-white to being with. The main color is purple; the pattern is off-white. And I've added earflaps. I like earflaps. I think it'll turn out nicely. I hope it will, at least. I'll post a pic once it's done. I'm hoping to finish it while I'm on break. I'm considering lining it with fleece as well. A nice, warm hat for winter.
I'll also have to make myself a new scarf, too. My current scarf is green. It's nice and I like it, but it's not really warm enough for the winter. Doesn't keep the wind from blowing down the top of my coat. And it won't match my new hat.

1 comment:

Jp said...

A nice scarf is a Must Have ;) And ear flaps, definitely ear flaps. My knit hat (I bought one rather than asking you and bribing you with cookies) has a fleece headband about three inches thick, so it's warm on my ears, forehead and back of my head, but still stretches because it's not fully fleece lined. Option to think about?