Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Where I Bask in the Glory that is Sleep

I woke up at some point in the night and, as I usually do, groaned mentally and thought "I ought to look at the clock and see how long I have left to sleep."

And then realized "I don't have to!" It doesn't matter how long I sleep today. I don't have to work today!
*does the 'I don't have to work today' dance*

I am still recovering from the three-day migraine. I think I am able to function today. I might be able to kick it with some regular over-the-counter stuff instead of the heavy-duty drugs that make me spacey.
Sleeping helps. Less stress helps. I knew that after Tuesday, the stress level would go down. I have been so unreasonably (I think. Maybe it hasn't been unreasonable, I don't know,) stressed about a possible confrontation with that awful music mother, that I haven't been sleeping well. When I don't sleep, I get migraines. (The confrontation never happened, btw. Hopefully, she'll call while I'm gone and someone else can deal with her. At any rate, it won't be anything I'll have to deal with until after the holidays.)

Sleep is good. Let that be the lesson.

No comments: