Friday, December 19, 2008

Snowed In!

We are safe and sound at my folks' house. We decided to leave on Thursday instead of Friday to avoid the Weather. It's a good thing we did too. At about 8:30 this morning, the sky opening up and began dumping snow on us. It has just gotten worse as the day goes on. They're calling for 9-13 inches by tonight.

I went out and took some pictures for my brother to show his girlfriend. She's from Texas and is not sick to death of snow like the rest of us are.



These are the trees at the front of the house. Postcard pretty, if there were a little more needles on the branches at the bottom.




I took a picture of my feet to try to show how deep the snow is. I didn't realize it would only look ankle deep, seeing as how my jeans were rolled up mid-calf. Believe me, it's deeper than it looks.



This is Dad's new truck. Spiffy, eh? His poor old truck died on him one too many times and he had to get this new guy. Does well in the snow, Dad says. The accumulation on it in this picture is after about 45 minutes.

No comments: